Friday, September 4, 2009

Over Time Work

Okay so this will hit home for lots of people and I'm sorry for everyone out there that feels the pain. Over time work is stupid. Okay yes sometimes it is good to have the extra money and what not. But, I think that for most of us it is just a giant pain. You have already put in 40 hours of work and you are just so so very ready to be done with the work week so you can just have some time to your self but then "THE MAN" has to say, " Oh wait, I need to have you stay late" or "I need you to come in on Saturday" or anything to that effect. And for all those people out there that are on call for any reason and you are just getting ready to have a nice dinner with your spouse and then just as you get your food you hear the phone. I left work not even twenty minutes ago and now you think that because your light got burned out in your kitchen or you just let your stupid kid flush an entire orange down the toilet and now it is over flowing onto the floor that I don't have a life and all I do is wait by the phone and hope that you call me and I can come clean up your mess and try to make you happy. Oh and I love getting the calls in the middle of the night from those people that don't really speak english and want to yell at me on the phone at 2A.M. and tell me that your stove doesn't work. What are you doing cooking it this time in the morning? And why can't it wait for the next four hours til I'm awake and can fix it during normal buisness hour? To all these people you need to listen really close, I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! And on the behalf of my lovely wife, manditory over time is total and complete Bull Shit! You are taking my wife away from me early in the morning and I HATE YOU TOO!! So to sum it all up, I HATE overtime. So lets just be smart and plan better so that no one will have to work over time and get bent out of shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment